Brother Perry’s commision as PGM for Lamarkshire Middle Ward was officially announced on 4th February 2016. A fantastic achievement and we at Lodge Robert Burns are all very proud.
Congratulations Bro. Bill.
Full details to follow
This years Summer Fete and Fair went ahead as normal and on the day was a great success. In total the fete raised an excellent sum of £1100 for our chosen charity, The Lanarkshire Cancer Care Trust.
More information and pictures will be added at a later date.
The Lodge held it’s annual summer draw at our last meeting. A very generous array of prizes were available for the ticket buyers, all of which are listed below. Thanks to Bro. John McKinnon PM for his continued efforts.
- £100 – Andrew Gilfillan P.M.
- Bottle of Whisky – Gilbert Weir
- Bottle of Wine – E. Reilly
- Bottle of Wine – A.W.
- Bottle of Wine – D. Bain
- Bottle of Whisky – Andrew Gilfillan P.M.
- Bottle of Whisky – Peter Beatty
- Bottle of Wine – B. Dee 571
- Bottle of Whisky – R. Rattray
- Bottle of Wine – M. Walker
- Bottle of Whisky – Gilbert Weir
- ½ Bottle of Vodka – R. Reid
- ½ Bottle of Whisky – R. Kennedy
- ½ Bottle of Whisky – Alan Smith P.M.
- Bottle of Whisky – S. Boyd
- Mystery Prize – P. McCabe
- Mystery Prize – I. Lamont
- Mystery Prize – Andrew Gilfillan P.M.
- Bottle of Wine – Donald Lamont
- Bottle of Whisky – G. Hamilton
- Bottle of Wine – G. Mathers
- Bottle of Wine – M. Paterson
- Bottle of Vodka – A. Burns P.M.
- Bottle of Morgan’s – A. Taylor 1126
- Bottle of Bacardi – RWM
- Bottle of Vodka – D. Beaton
- Bottle of Vodka – David Aitchison
- Bottle of Bacardi – Peter Price
- 6 Bottles of Bud – A. Kyle
- Bottle of Green Label – E. Houston
On Thursday 28th June we held our annual draw raffle organised as always by Bro. John McKinnon P.M.
A fantasstic amount of tickets were bought by the brethren from all Lodges with Bro. W. Scott scooping the top prize of £100 with several runner up prizes.
Total amount raised for charity on the night was £600, a fantastic number.
Thanks to Bro. John McKinnon P.M. for the organisation and execution of the raffle, we might even let him carry on with it!
On Thursday 24th November our RWM Bro. Walter F. Houston presented The Scottish Cot Death Trust with a cheque for £10,800.
This is a fantastic amount of money raised for the Lodge’s chosen charity and brings an end to a fantastic year of fund raising from the members, families and friends of Lodge Robert Burns 440.
We also supported a number of other organisations as outlined below:
- RNMDS Fishermen, £50 raised.
- Erskine Hospital, £100 raised.
- Chest, Heart, Stroke, £50 raised.
- Lightburn Stroke Club, £337 raised.
- 111th BB Company, £75 raised.
This i’m sure you will agree has been a huge effort on the part of everyone involved int he fundraised. On behalf of the RWM and from the charities themselves, thank you!
In August this year Bro. Greig Guthrie has raised an amazing £18,686 for war heroes. I’m sure you’ll all agree this is a fantastic amount for our very own serial fund raiser. Please join me and the rest of the Brethren in congratulating Greig on this amazing achievement. Please see below links to some photos and the newspaper article. Well done Greig!
Click photos for larger versions.
On Thursday 9th June RWM Bro. Walter Houston had the greatest pleasure in presenting Br. Walter Mc Dunn P.M. with a distinguished member diploma.
The RWM highly praised Bro. Dunn for his years of service to Freemasonry in general and to Lodge Robert Burns in particular. Also present that night was PGM Bro. Tom Davidson.
On Thursday 9th June our RWM Bro. Walter Houston welcomed a large Deputation from PGL headed by PGM Bro. Tom Davidson.
Amongst the Deputation was our own Bro William A. Perry P.M. Bill was appointed as Depute Provincial Grand Master. This following his five years commission as Substitute Provincial Grand Master. This is a great honour not only for Bill but also for Lodge Robert Burns.
We all hope Bill has an enjoyable and successful term in office as D.P.G.M.